The Petly Process
Health starts from within – that is the driving force behind PETLYcbd and all of our products. This is why we take the science behind our products so seriously. Our first priority when developing a new formula is to look at the research that exists on how nutrients affect our bodies and how the ingredients we use can impact the health issues we aim to address.
1. ORGANIC FARMING Every product PETLY creates starts with our natural proprietary strains of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp. All of the hemp we use is grown in nutrient-rich soil in Colorado. Our farmers operate under strict guidelines and use only 100% organic practices.
We take advantage of a state-of-the-art farming process. Not only does this enhance the quality of our natural proprietary strains, but it also makes sure our products are safe, regulated and unsurpassed in their potency and consistency.
2. RAW HEMP PROCESSING The plants we use are dried and warehoused after they are harvested. When we need a plant for production, it is milled into a coarse powder. The milling process adheres to the highest quality standards in the industry. Once processed, it is shipped to our processing and manufacturing facility here in Colorado.
3. PROPRIETARY EXTRACTION AND SOLIDS SEPARATION Every drop of our phytocannabinoid rich (PCR) hemp oil contains 112 cannabinoids,including CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBN, CBC and THCA. You will also find a variety of naturally occurring terpenes and flavonoids. What this means for you is that PETLY’s products contain a full spectrum of beneficial natural compounds.
4. DISTILLATION The oil is then distilled to separate the hemp extract from the food grade ethanol used in the extraction process. In fact, we are one of the few facilities in the world that use this food grade ethanol.
5. THC REMOVAL & REFINING One of the most important steps in the process is to remove even the most minute traces of THC. THC is the compound found in hemp and cannabis that produces the “high” associated with the plant.
We use a proprietary technology to remove unwanted compounds still present in the oil. These compounds include wax, chlorophyll, plant pigments and trace amounts of THC. It is then “washed” and “polished” to create the highest quality, zero THC, full spectrum CBD oil available.
6. LAB TESTING We test every production run for quality and potency. This makes sure that all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, essential fatty acids and phytonutrients are consistent and pure.
Every batch goes through rigorous testing in our in-house laboratory. When the batch passes, it receives a Certificate of Analysis and a Certificate of Quality Assurance that we make available to our customers. We also use third-party labs on a monthly basis to verify and confirm the Certificates. And here’s the great news: to date, not one batch has failed to meet our unprecedented testing standards!
What does all of this mean for you? You can use less of our product to achieve the same level of benefit as the products sold by most of our competitors. We think that’s a reason to celebrate.
7. LAST, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST IS OUR GIVE BACK EFFORTS WITH PETLY PETS: PLEDGING $1 OF EVERY PRODUCT SOLD TO PETS IN NEED! At Petly, we treat our four-legged friends as members of our family. Our mission is to help our beloved companions live the happiest, healthiest lives possible. Founded by two dog dads with a mission: to create exceptional CBD products that contribute to the health and wellbeing of our beloved pets while also giving back. As pet owners, our commitment to quality products is as important as our commitment to the causes we support. Help us reach more pets in need.
Petly CBD Facts
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, is a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis and/ or agricultural hemp. It is recognized for its benefits on human and animal health and is capable of affecting nearly every biological process via the endocannabinoid system.
Products that are manufactured from agricultural hemp, which contains less than 0.3% THC dry weight, are exempt from the Federal Controlled Substances Act, therefore are currently not unlawful for distribution. We are happy to provide a signed legal opinion to those who are interested in learning more.
Due to DSHEA guidelines, we are not allowed to state conditions CBD mat affect. We encourage you to do your own research, consult doctors, and yes PubMed.gov as a resource for articles coming out in real time. More research is being done to provide structure/ function claims associated with taking CBD. We encourage you to talk to your doctor first before starting any new nutritional and dietary supplement regimen.
No! CBD is a phytocannabinoid that it is a non-psychotoxic and has a remarkable safety profile.
Agricultural hemp has tall, bamboo like, thick stocks, very thin leaves, and little to no flowers. Defined as a cannabis plant containing less than 0.3% THC, hemp is grown mainly to make textiles, food & oils, and does not get you “high”. Growing agricultural hemp has less restrictions than marijuana, which allows to be grown in largest scales and outdoors.
Marijuana plants tend to be shorter plants and are grown for their flowers. The THC content is higher in these plants and is mainly used recreationally, however, some states have legislation in place to allow marijuana for medical use with a recommendation from a doctor. Because of the restrictions regarding marijuana, growing these plants can be extremely difficult and leave enormous carbon footprint, depending on the growing practices.
No. CBD is CBD, it does not matter where is is sourced from. The human body does not recognize whether a CBD compound was sourced from agricultural hemp or medical cannabis flower – all of the body’s biologic activity, interaction with various enzymes, and receptors specific to CBD remain the same.